Ketchup Ninja 01

Hey, people, here's a new manga I stumbled upon a few days ago and really liked. It's called "Ketchup Ninja" and was created by an amateur artist in the manga section of niconico. It's about the Japanese ninja girl Shinoko and her efforts to settle in her new high school life in America. I warn you though, this manga is chock full of prejudices and jokes about both America and Japan, so please do not take it too seriously. Also note that since this manga was released as a flash movie on niconico, there are pages where the panels appear one after another and stuff which I didn't change, so it might take some time to get used to it. You'll see what I mean. It's a fun manga and I hope you'll have as much fun reading it as I had.

If I had a lot more time and if I was better at video editing, I would have tried to release this manga in the same way as on niconico, i.e. as a flash animation. Maybe someone will do it in my stead in the future. The sound files and their times can be found on niconico. If you're interested, contact me. Here's the url of the first chapter on niconico:

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg16003

Chapter 01:
Ketchup Ninja Chapter 01


If you don't feel like reading it online or if you want to have the RAWs, go to this MEGA folder.

Comments

  1. Reading that fullscreen is a bit different. I'm not sure I'd still call this manga, but alright. Seems pretty neat. Also, you missed the h in http for your link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never sure about the manga/comic differences. I'll just stick to calling everything manga that's from Japan for now until someone convinces me otherwise.

      As for the link, I thought it might not be a good idea to link to niconico directly, but meh, who cares. Fixed.

      Delete
  2. This shit rocks. The dream totally got me.

    Also, for whatever reason it seems like all comments I "publish" with chrome just disappear, no matter the "comment as" option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems it's not related to AdBlock... I'll investigate, I've already lost many redacted comments.

      Anyway, have you posted this in /a/? Might take a while, sure, but it deserves every bit of popularity it can get.

      I mean, THE FACES.

      Delete
    2. Also: you might want to give a thought to the idea of putting the over-growing scenes (that's how I call'em) as .apng.

      Delete
  3. You have great taste in manga, Ace. Thanks for sharing it with us, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems interresting, let's see what the other two chapters have to hold.
    But just basing on this first chapter, it doesn't seem like "this manga is chock full of prejudices and jokes about both America and Japan" because aside for the misunderstandings by the ninja girl it seems to be a pretty normal setting with no stereotypes or whatever. And the girl is not prejudicing at all against the others, she just misunderstands what they are saying due to not being able to understand english correctly.

    Of course, this may change in future chapters, so i will hold on my opinion about this for now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword

Molester Man Original Threads

Molester Man 21